There are currently three mills (various dating) in Sládkovičovo, associated with Karl Kuffner.
The oldest building is the water mill, situated in the eastern part of the city. This neo baroque building has architectural and structural elements (late baroque arches in the living area, late-manufacturing part of the roof) In 1912, when it was bought by Kuffner family, it was adapted to small hydroelectric power plant that supplied some objects in the city with electricity.
In the same year, 1912, Karl Kuffner built a fully-automated Maria Mill. Area of the Maria Mill was entirely separated and located in the west of the Sugar factory and it was connected by the sugar factory railway. Mill area, just like the sugar factory complex, has logical dividing of objects for production, and supportive objects. There are two warehouses of flour and office building located next to each other. Behind the main mill building there is a modern grain elevator from the 1960s. It is a large capacity building for grain storage. Despite the present activity of the mill, the original concept of objects, presented in morphological elements, still can be recognized. At the original concept of the mill there was a residential building for employees, situated north of the production site. It represents the staircase type of an apartment building and it has been preserved to this day in almost authentic form.
The third mill object in Sládkovičovo is the former steam mill, which is situated north of the sugar factory. The mill was bought by Karl Kuffner in 1923 and was adapted from its original function to the store of sugar beet. Just like Maria Mill, it was connected with sugar factory by railway.
Petra Kalová, Naďa Kirinovičová